Do you find yourself entwined by the perils of dark spots on your face or smaller areas of discoloration? While it can be a beauty nightmare for most of us, it may also be our body’s way of telling us to embrace overall wellness through effective skin care.
LET’S TALK PIGMENTATION: PREVALENCE, CAUSES, AND SIGNS
Popularly known as skin pigmentation, approximately 80% of the Indian population suffers from the same.
While the main cause for pigmented skin is excessive melanin production and deposition which determines your hair and skin colour, there are several other environmental factors that lead to variations like hyperpigmentation. Causing brown or black patches, certain triggers include excessive UV exposure, sunburns, age changes, hormonal fluctuations, inflammation, lack of vitamins, and skin injuries amongst others.
Now, now! It is paramount to remember that not all discoloration attributes to skin pigmentation, and it is advisable to consult a professional to diagnose the same.
TREATING THOSE DARK SPOTS NATURALLY
Amidst an array of medications, topical applications, cosmetic procedures, and facial treatments available to brighten and whiten up, here is a fun fact for you! Nature has all the answers for your skincare woes. Reminiscing back to those ‘pearls of wisdom’ imparted by our older generations, there are several natural ingredients that when used proportionately can help prevent discoloration of your skin, and yes, that too, while taking care of your overall health.
A cardinal rule that you must abide by is to ensure your physical and emotional well-being, as these two aspects of our lives are strongly interwoven. Indulging in a raging self-care regime called ‘skinvestment’, the time’s right to take care of your skin through healthy practices.
Some of the ingredients that nourish your skin are:
- Aloe Vera: Known for its skin-lightening properties, the cooling aloe vera constitutes special elements, namely, aloin and aloesin, which help in reducing pigmentation by diminishing the existing melanin cells and preventing excess production.
- Cucumber: Rejuvenating in nature, cucumbers lighten the dark spots on the skin and subside blemishes. Being an antioxidant, this silica-rich ingredient helps to prevent hyperpigmentation.
- Frankincense: An au-naturel skin-enhancer, frankincense helps to strengthen your skin and improves its tone and elasticity. It also protects the skin against bacteria or blemishes and reduces the appearance of scars, acne, or wounds. What’s more, frankincense also doubles up as an anti-aging essential blend.
- Vitamin C: Filled with natural bleaching properties, citrus fruits such as lime, lemon, and oranges aid in decreasing dark spots and patches. Extending a word of caution, since these items are very acidic, they should not be used in their pure form.
- Sandalwood: Replenishing your face with that oh-so-gorgeous natural luminosity, sandalwood is a calming agent that enables getting rid of marks and blemishes.
- Turmeric: Comprising of anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe your skin, especially when sunburnt or scarred with acne, turmeric also consists of an active ingredient called curcumin that restrains increased melanin production in your skin cells.
Coming back to your old self, are you ready to bring your wellness into focus? Well, the first step to do so is to shower yourself with immense self-love, accept yourself as you are, and work towards enriching your mind, body, and spirit.
Offering a holistic wonder to tackle pigmentation, read on to know more!
GLOW AWAY: HERE’S TO FLAUNTING THE RADIANCE THAT MATTERS
Enveloped in those refreshingly lingering aromas that activate healing, and transformation, we at Secret Alchemist strive towards championing your holistic wellness through essential oils that immerse you in an aura of relaxation. Evoking an oasis of serenity, our Luke-curated cooling Pigmentation Gel, Glow is truly your essential solution to a healthy, wholesome complexion.
Supplementing your skin with that much-needed boost, Glow is filled with revitalizing blends of cucumber gel, sandalwood, frankincense, lemon, lime, orange, and sandalwood. A synergistic concoction of powerhouse herbs, this handcrafted oil works as a therapy for your skin. Your go-to skincare companion, you too, can nip pigmentation in the bud and enjoy the following benefits:
- Brighter skin and smoother texture
- Repaired skin barriers with reduced scarring
- Amplified skin quality
Keeping it by the bedside, are you ready to redefine your night-time ritual and say no to pigmentation, naturally, through every drop? Powered by plants, and backed by science, apply this gel onto the affected areas after cleansing your skin for a refined appearance. Use it daily for the best results, and we promise you will not be disappointed!So, what are you waiting for? Be real, be you, and emanate your amazing charm with Glow at https://secretalchemist.com/collections/skin-care/products/glow?variant=37778988564657