FUN FACT: Regarded as the largest organ in our body, adults carry an average of 8 pounds and 22 square feet of skin. Furthermore, since our skin represents us externally, each day, we often think of it in terms of appearance.
While dreaming of having that picture-perfect, flawless skin, did you know that our body is interconnected to integrate our internal and external states, producing several effects? A concept embedded in holistic wellness; our skin reflects the same. A robust approach, let us understand the concept of holistic beauty first.
The Meaning of Holistic Beauty
Originating from the Greek word, ‘holos,’ which means whole, a holistic health outlook refers to looking at and treating an ailment in its entirety, which includes harmonizing your mind, body, and soul.
Relating to skincare, holistic beauty refers to an all-embracive perspective that is steeped in self-care practices. It emphasizes the idea that your physical, emotional, and spiritual health plays a major role in attaining wholesome, glowing skin. From hormonal imbalances to increased stress or environmental factors like pollution, chemicals, and toxic products, aka, your conventional cosmetics, your skin can be affected by myriad markers.
Tempting y’all to embrace the road to wellness, read on to know some tips to elevate yourself through natural skincare and lifestyle regimes.
A Holistic Confluence of Health and Beauty Practices to Try Today
In a world of ever-changing trends, they say healthy skin is always in. Would you agree?
Embarking on a rejuvenating self-care sojourn, holistic beauty practices positively influence your self-esteem and confidence. Adding a spoonful of love and innate happiness, there are numerous suggestions to ensure your personal wellbeing. After all, isn’t it better to enhance your wellness cycle, and be equipped to deal with what life throws at us head-on?
These are some simple, easy-to-do tips that will make your ‘skin-vestment’ worth it.
- Hydrate profusely: Consuming 1-2 liters of water daily helps restore the youthful glow by flushing out toxins from your body. Mixing it with lemon slices can amplify your Vitamin C intake.
- Plant your Nutrition: Eating a balanced diet filled with necessary minerals and fats will boost your body’s regenerative quality. Furthermore, abstain from nutrient-drained processed sugary foods, caffeine, and alcohol that will cause breakouts. Including delectables that are rich in antioxidants and vitamins prevents inflammations and breaks down collagen.
- Move Your Body: Enhance your fitness levels by exercising daily for 45 minutes. Apart from helping you stay fit; it bolsters your bodily functions by providing oxygen and blood flow to different organs and uplifts your mood. So, are you ready to get, set, and go?
- Beauty Sleep: Wary of those dark circles, saggy skin, and puffed eye bags? Now’s the time to sleep your way to that radiant skin. Adequate rest helps your body heal and replenish itself for the next day.
- Adios Stress: Keeping your stress levels in check, practice relaxation exercises such as yoga, meditation, gratitude, and positive affirmations. Reminding you of the glorious beauty of life, your serene bliss will reflect on your skin too. From pursuing a hobby to exercising or punching out your frustration, you do you!
- Treat yourself: Hello, face masks and spa trips! Shower yourself with love as you soak in age-old herbal blends such as avocado or cucumber masks or coconut oil massages. Recharge and renew!
- Say No to Skin Damage: Being proactive, wear SPF 30+ sunscreens to prevent ailments such as wrinkles or skin cancers. Amidst the scorching summer heat, don a hat and tend to yourself. Be mindful and advocate healthier practices.
- Aromatise your skincare regime: Taking your pampering sessions one step further, several essential oils replenish your skin like no other.
Soaking in the enchanting fragrances of curative ingredients like cucumber and tea tree, are you ready for a wellness wonder?
Fragrance First: Treating Your Skin Woes with Aromatherapy
Resorting to the therapeutic aromas of natural herbs and botanicals, aromatherapy best exemplifies the saying, ‘what goes around, comes around.’ As skin conditions are often indicative of a mix of your gut health and environmental factors, the properties of certain essential oils help in reducing several symptoms. And, since essential oils are concentrated plant oils, they cannot be used in their raw form. Moreover, aromatherapy brands, today, mix two or more essential oils to avail maximum efficacy in treating your skin conditions.
To avoid side effects such as rashes, these highly potent concoctions must be blended with a balancing base or vegetable oil called carrier oils before directly applying them to your skin. A few other precautions that you must take when it comes to skincare is that it should never be consumed internally, and should not be applied in and around the eyes. Extracted from natural ingredients, these healing concoctions are available in two forms, namely, gel-based, and oil-based.
The Gel-based blends that help restore your skin health are:
- Cucumber Gel: Rich in Vitamin B1 and C, this gel helps to detoxify and deeply cleanse your skin from bacteria and toxins clogged in your pores. Anti-inflammatory and cool, it soothes the skin and combats various conditions such as skin discoloration or pigmentation and acne. It is also known for its anti-aging properties.
- Aloe Vera Gel: A popular option, aloe vera acts as a skin lightener and moisturizer, thereby hydrating your skin. From managing acne to minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, this anti-aging gel is lauded for its cooling effect.
Additionally, some essential oils that work wonders on your skin are:
- Frankincense Oil: A skincare favourite, frankincense helps to soothe sensitive skin, and reduces the prevalence of scars and stretch marks. It strengthens and tones your skin and treats irritants and wounds.
- Tea Tree Oil: Known for its anti-bacterial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree is great for fighting pimples, removing skin tags and dark spots, treating minor cuts or bruises, and deeply cleansing your pores.
- Cypress Oil: Cypress Oil hydrates and moisturizes your skin. It also helps to fight acne, promotes cell regeneration, reduces skin pigmentation and puffiness, and rejuvenates and nourishes your skin by draining the lymphatic system. Antiviral in nature, it combats cold sores and controls sebum production.
Immersing yourself in these relaxing scents, read on to know more about our best-selling skincare concoctions.
SA RECOMMENDS: YOUR ONE-STOP-SHOP TO BE SKINCARE READY
In a tropical and fast-paced country like India, while women above the age of 40 are prone to suffering from pigmented skin, 90% of the adolescents experience their worst beauty nightmare, viz a viz, pimples and acne.
With a dedicated passion to upgrade your skin aromatically, bid farewell to any of these skin troubles with our synergistic blends of healing natural ingredients:
- Glow- Pigmentation Gel: Infused with synergistic blends like Frankincense and Sandalwood, here is your solution for brighter and smoother skin.
- Purify-Pimple Gel: Soaked in the curative properties of Lavender and Tea Tree, Purify helps to shrink acne by controlling sebum production.
- Fade-Acne Scar Gel: Filled with the anti-inflammatory blends of Rosemary and Sage, Fade prevents and rectifies your acne marks by repairing your skin barrier.
- Refine-Visible Pores Gel: Eponymous with its name, this Cypress and Sandalwood-infused mix cleans your skin and tightens the pores.
With your beauty retreat at your doorstep, are you excited to invest in a reviving skincare routine? Pick your wellness blends at https://secretalchemist.com/collections/skin-care, and say hello to your dazzling skin.